Wednesday, January 9, 2013

...back to it!

Hello all!

On short notice the install of the synagogue frame is finally happening. If there are new viewers to this blog, then you can go back to the posts from May and June of 2011 to see what I posted about the building of the frame.

This crew is much smaller than a year and a half ago, and the focus will be intensely on putting Humpty Dumpty back together again, rather than on researching and teaching traditional building techniques.

Five of the Timber Framers Guild crew and our Polish brother in arms Witek will assemble the frame inside of the Museum of the History of Polish Jews, which is in the process of being built in Warsaw, Poland. We will also have the help of a Belgian carpenter Julien and at least two Polish students that were part of the efforts in Sanok.

The preparations so far have been focussed on getting a tool list together, and then getting those tools organized. I still have my personal tools to pack up and a few long drill bits. There's one more conference call today, but I hope that we are set.

Just to make life a bit more complicated I drove to Plymouth to build a stairway for my friends Gwen and Justin. Thankfully I got done in time, with a bit to spare to revive this blog. 

I take off on Saturday evening from Boston and will be in Warsaw at noon on Sunday. I expect the next three weeks to be intense, for there is lots to do. I do hope though, that I will be able to post some of the fun in form of pictures and filed notes!

So long

Ger

No comments:

Post a Comment