Sunday, September 18, 2011

Back home

Ok Here it is. The truly final post of the building in europe 2011 blog.
It feels really good to be back home. My landlord and good friend Stuart picked me up in my truck from Logan airport and chauffeured me home to a bottle of Mayflower IPA.  A wonderful, simple, bittersweet taste made just around the corner. I couldn’t think of a better welcome.
The little cottage was  predictably a bit stale after a humid New England summer, so there is cleaning and rummaging to do. I do have Kitty back though, and she is doing great at stirring the air and helping me put life back into these walls. 
The mail is sorted, the fridge is cleaned and stocked. The motorcycle is still in the shed, the internet is not hooked up yet and the phone is still waiting for replacement after quitting overseas. I hope to be back on the greater radar in a few days. 
Locally the word has spread that I am back and I am slowly making my rounds the old fashioned way by showing up unannounced on people’s doorsteps. So far I have had nothing but big smiles and hugs.
Again. It’s good to be home.
All the best
Ger


Just a couple of days with Mom and Dad are incredibly restorative.

No comments:

Post a Comment