Friday, June 3, 2011

HI All!

Just a quick note
I forgot my camera on site today, so no pictures. There was a great thunderstorm at about 3.30 this afternoon, which was the only time I took pictures though.
I spent most of the day hewing out a timber, which I had been itching to do. It was hot and humid and sweat flowed. I worked in tandem with a fellow named Isaah and it was a pleasure. of course, doing the same thing tomorrow with sore muscles and bones will seem very different I am sure.
We are behind on our production schedule and it has the leadership team perked up ( to avoid the word 'worried') The reason for this is not very well defined, which is part of the problem.
Not an unsolvable one though. It's being worked on.

Yesterday we started doing some joinery, finally making something of all these converted timbers! Since we start with the long stuff, all that we hewed out in a week and a half was joined up in not even two days, there are two sides to each medal. It is grand to see something come together, and a welcome change to the few lucky ones that get to cut the few joints. Tomorrow is the last day of the week. Another 17 students join us, so the dynamic will morph again.

Ever challenging!

All the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment